Sunday, April 26, 2009

Figure Studies


As part of my Figure Studies critique, I needed to finish up the ceramic bust I made in class. As you can see, it's 1:1 scale, as it can wear my hat and shades. Next to it you can see a mini bust I'm working on as well!this way you can kinda see the scale I'm working in.

it's mostly terra cotta, but the white bits are epoxy putty. The reason it looks like he has a beard is because his face kinda, well fell off. I used the putty to clean up the seam and also as my adhesive. I also added an eyebrow for good measure.

Starting next weekend I'll be working on my Senior Show, and thus I'll be setting up a little miniatures workshop at home. I hope to have a mess of armatures within a few days of getting home.

3 comments:

  1. Hey, excellent idea! The misfortune and repair of your ceramic bust gave me an "ah-ha" moment -- I'd never thought to use epoxy putty to anchor the restored memorial plaque into the Observatory wall. In fact, I wasn't event aware the material existed -- silly me! Anyway, it worked beautifully and the plaque is back where it belongs, firmly affixed to the masonry wall. -- JG

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought he was an old guy with a white beard! Now I feel silly as well. He does look good in your hat and shades.

    ReplyDelete